To register a security company in Cameroon, Law No. 97/021 of 10th September 1997 and Law No. 2014/027 of 23rd December 2014 must be complied with. A private security company is a business corporation that provides armed and unarmed security services and expertise to private and public clients. Private security companies are companies primarily engaged in providing guard and patrol services such as bodyguard, guard dog, parking security, and security guard services. Security company registration in Cameroon is subject to regulatory offices and documentary modalities.
PRIVATE SECURITY COMPANY REGISTRATION IN CAMEROON
Private security company registration is subject to specific procedures and obligation. According to the law, all physical or moral persons desirous to exercise the activity of private security in Cameroon must constitute a company in accordance with Cameroon law. Majority of the shareholders of the company must be of Cameroonian nationality.
REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER A SECURITY COMPANY IN CAMEROON
The registration of a private security company in Cameroon is subject to the fulfilment of certain requirements. These requirements include but not limited to;
- A stamped application to the competent authority
- A copy of the birth certificate, nationality and residence of the owner of the institution or company
- A non-crime certificate of the owner of the institution or company
- Minutes of the meeting of the constitutive assembly of the institution or company
- A copy of the articles and memorandum of association of the institution or company
- A copy of incorporation of the institution or company in the trade and property rights register
- An attestation of non-indebtedness etc.
The documents will be done in 4 copies and 1 original copy and must be deposited by the manager or proprietor in the competent regional office in which is situate the head office of the institution or company with a proof receipt issued.
The competent office has 45 days from the date of receipt of the documents to transmit the same to the competent commission in charge of administrative due diligence.
AUTHORIZATION TO START OPERATIONS
In the case of approval from the competent office, an application is made to the Minister in charge in view to begin operations. This authorization is granted subject to the following documentary formalities;
- An application to start effective operations of a private security company indicating the name, surnames, profession, and residence of all persons in charge of management or administration of the institution or company.
- A copy of the decree authorizing the institution or company to obtain the status of a private security company.
- A certified copy of the identification documents of all the persons in charge of management.
- An attestation of insurance policy subscription.
- A business license etc.