According to law N° 99/001 OF 7 April 1999 relating to the exercise and organization of the profession of optician, no one may practice the profession of optician unless he or she is Cameroonian and registered with the Order of Opticians.
However, by reciprocity agreements, foreigners may practice in Cameroon. In the absence of a reciprocity agreement, where applicable, opticians of foreign nationality shall associate with a Cameroonian colleague who meets the conditions of practice laid down by this law.
Registration on the roll of the Order is subject to the production of a
file comprising the following documents:
– a stamped application addressed to the President of the Council of the Order;
– a certified copy of the birth certificate; a certified copy of the diploma
of the diploma, by the provisions of Article 2 of this law;
– an attestation of the presentation of the original diploma;
– a certificate of nationality;
– an extract from bulletin n03 of the criminal record; a receipt for payment of the annual fee.
The applicant of foreign nationality shall also produce
– A certificate of non-radiation in his/her country of origin;
– An employment contract or a recruitment act in duplicate;
– A contract of association;
The application to the roll of the Order shall be submitted in duplicate to the Council of the Order, against receipt.
The Council of the Bar is obliged to decide on the application for registration on the roll of the Bar, which is submitted to it within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt.
The Council of the Bar is obliged to decide on the application for registration on the roll of the Bar, which it receives within thirty (30) days from the date of its submission.
Any decision by the Council of the Order on an application for registration on the roll of the Bar must be submitted for prior approval to the supervisory authority on the first working day following that decision. The supervisory authority shall have a period of thirty (30) days in which to make its decision. After this period, the decision of the Council of the Order becomes final and must be notified to the applicant.