Risk management involves all staff and units responsible for measuring, controlling and monitoring risks. It is carried out under the authority of the executive body and the supervision of a risk committee set up by the decision-making body.
The risk committee assists the Board of Directors in overseeing risk management within the group. The committee’s duties include;
- Advise the board on the definition of a risk management policy.
- Propose limits for each type of risk and periodically ensure that the executive body complies with these limits.
- Periodically assessing the quality of the system for measuring, controlling and monitoring risks at the level of the institution or the group.
- Ensuring that the information systems are appropriate for the nature of the institution’s business.
- Ensuring that human and material resources are allocated to the risk management function and guaranteeing its independence.