The operation resulting in the division of landed property into plots shall within the meaning of this decree constitute a layout. Layouts shall be created on the initiative of their owners. They must be approved by the competent authority.
Subject to the obligation to obtain a town planning certificate, the formalities for creating layouts shall not apply in the case of the division of a parcel of state or private land into less than four plots to be used for housing purposes, and the dimension of these lots must be such that they cannot be subject to any further subdivision.
The file relating to the layout shall be compiled in four copies and be lodged at the town hall in exchange for an acknowledgment receipt. Each copy of the file shall comprise;
- An application whose original shall be stamped and signed by the owner or the legally authorized agent,
- An ownership certificate,
- A site plan drawn to a scale of 1/5000 or 1/10 000 extracted from the master town plan if necessary indicating the position of the land,
- The draft layout is drawn on the basis of a scale of 1/500 or 1/1000 endorsed by the Survey Service and comprising of some specified information as required by law.
- A work program indicating the specification of the various structures to be built and where necessary the conditions for their execution in stages.
- Regulations laying down the obligations and easement of general interest imposed in the layout with regard in particular to the specifications and the nature of the building to be erected, the management of the property, tree planting, and the fences,
- Clauses and conditions govern the relations between the developer and the owner.
- If need be, the rules and regulations of the association formed by the purchasers of plots for the management and maintenance of the roads, open spaces, and structures of common interest are not classified in the property of the council.