A press organ shall mean any newspaper, periodical, magazine or pamphlet intended to communicate opinions, ideas, thoughts, current or social events which is published at regular intervals.
The above definition is not applicable to publications of a scientific, artistic, cultural, technical or professional nature regardless of the intervals.
Persons shall be free to engage in the publication of press organs.
Any natural person or corporate body wishing to publish a press organ shall be bound, prior to its first issue, to make a declaration thereof to the senior divisional officer having jurisdiction. The declaration must indicate;
- The title and intervals of the publication,
- The head office of the press organ,
- The full name (s) of the owner (s),
- The full name and address of the publisher and, where applicable, of the co-publisher,
- The name and the address of the printing press where the press organ will be printed,
- The full names of members of the permanent editorial staff which must comprise not less than three journalists, etc.