The granting and withdrawal of approvals to sports and physical education associations shall be governed by the provisions of Order No. 018 A/MINSEP/SG/CJ of 24 October 2006 regulating the conditions and modalities for grant and withdrawal of approvals.
The organization of sports and physical activities with social, educational or cultural purposes is reserved for groups.
The following shall be considered as groups within the meaning of the present decree;
- Sports Associations
- Sports Federations
- Schools and Training Centers
- Companies with sports-oriented objectives
- Structures of sport for all and sports for the disabled.
The groups shall administer themselves freely in accordance with their statutes, sporting ethics, and the legislation in force.
A. CONDITIONS AND MODALITIES OF ISSUE OF APPROVAL
The exercise of sports and physical education activities by an association is subject to obtaining approval issued by the decision of the minister in charge of sports and physical education after a reasoned opinion of the permanent technical commission in charge of examining the conformity of the association with the law.
- The period of validity of the authorization is set at five years, renewable.
- The application for renewal of approval must reach the ministry of sport and physical education five months before the expiry date of the current approval.
- The decision to renew shall be taken on the basis of a report by the permanent technical commission.
- The license is indivisible, non-transferable, and may not be rented or pledged.
B. FILING AND COMPOSITION OF THE APPLICATION FILE
The approval is granted on the basis of a file submitted in duplicate to the mail service of the ministry of sport and physical education.
The deposit referred to in article 4 above is not equivalent to approval. It shall give rise to the issue of a receipt duly signed by the head of the ministry’s mail service and shall include the following documents;
- A request stamped at the current rate
- Six copies of the statutes and rules of procedure
- A certificate of opening an account in a local banking institution approved by the Ministry of Finance
- A list of the names of the members of the executive committee including the information:
a. Their postal and, if applicable, telephone contact details
b. A headquarters agreement in case the association is a subsidiary of a multinational company
c. Six copies of the minutes of the constitutive general assembly duly signed by all members of the association
d. A technical file of the structure presented by the promoter and includes:
– The location plan of the headquarters
– The infrastructures etc.
When the above-mentioned file is deficient, the initiator is asked to correct it within a set timeframe based on the irregularities identified.
The final rejection of the application for approval can only occur when the deficiencies identified have not been corrected within the time limits set by the technical commission.
The initiator will be notified of this within thirty days, by any means that leaves a written trace.
C. THE ROLE OF THE PERMANENT TECHNICAL COMMISSION
A permanent technical commission is established to examine the files referred to above.
Any association applying for approval whose file has been the subject of a favorable opinion of the permanent technical commission shall sign with the ministry of sports and physical education, a schedule of conditions with a view to organizing the practice of sports and physical activities with a social, educational or cultural aim.