In order to assess the quality of the shareholders and their good repute, COBAC in application of the 2016 regulation evaluates their financial standing and ensures that they are not affected by any of the prohibitions and incompatibilities provided for by the regulations in force.
The application file shall comprise of the following;
- A letter of commitment addressed to the President of COBAC by the majority shareholder, in accordance with the model established by the regulations in force.
- A tax certificate issued by the tax authorities of the country of taxation.
- A curriculum vitae written in French, duly dated and signed.
- A certified copy of a valid identity document.
- An extract from the criminal record dated less than three months, issued by the competent authorities of the country.
- A notarized attestation of the property situation. This attestation must be certified by the consular authority if the potential purchaser is of a nationality other than that of a CEMAC country.
- A list of holdings in other credit institutions and in any company with its headquarters in the CEMAC or abroad.
- A declaration on honour by which the shareholder indicates the origin of funds to be invested and certifies that these do not come from illicit activities.