Any change in the structure of the board of directors of a credit institution is subject to the prior notification of the banking commission.
The appointment of directors and the renewal of their terms of office are subject to the prior information of the banking commission within the timeframe set by article 12 of regulation 04/08/CEMAC/UMAC/COBAC relating to corporate governance in CEMAC credit institutions.
The Banking commission assesses the profile and good repute of the directors appointed and ensures that they are able to perform their duties properly.
In particular, it verifies that the appointed directors;
- Have skills required to understand the operations of the reporting institution,
- Can demonstrate sufficient integrity in the performance of their duties,
- Are not subject to any of the prohibitions and incompatibilities provided for by the regulations in force.
NOTIFICATION OF INFORMATION TO THE BANKING COMMISSION
- Expiration of the office of directors and auditors,
- List of shareholders,
- List of managers,
- Financial situation of shareholders holding at least 5% of the voting rights.