The residence card in accordance with decree No. 2007/255/PM of 4 September 2007 fixing the modalities for the application of law No. 97/012 of 10 January 1997 relative to conditions of entry, stay and exit of foreigners is an identification document issued to foreigners aged 18 and over who have been legally admitted to Cameroon. It is valid for two years and is renewable.
The residence card is a green laminated and secure Teslin document, printed on a pre-printed background in the form of a rectangle with rounded corners measuring 85 millimeters in length and 54 millimeters in width. It is computerized and personal.
The residence card shall bear the following particulars in English and French language;
AT THE FRONT
- Name (s) and surname (s)
- Date and place of birth
- Description and right thumbprint
- Signature of the holder
- The seal of the state which forms part of the holder’s photograph, and the amount of stamp duty.
ON THE BACK
- The words “Republic of Cameroon” in bold green letters
- The number of the residence permit
- The nationality
- The date of issue
- The expiry date
- The signature and surname of the signing authority
- The computer identification code
- The flag of Cameroon on the upper right-hand side
- The kapsiki peak
- The indication “Residence Card” in black capital letters at the top of the card.