The resident card is an identification document issued to foreigners admitted as residents in Cameroon. It is valid for 10 years.
The resident card is a green laminated and secure Teslin document, with a pre-printed background, in the form of a rectangle measuring 85 millimeters in length and 54 millimeters in width. It is computerized and personal. The resident card shall bear the following particulars in English and French language;
ON THE FRONT
- Name (s) and surname (s)
- Date and place of birth
- Description and right thumbprint
- Signature of the holder
- The seal of the state, which forms part of the holder’s photograph, and the amount of stamp duty.
ON THE BACK
- The words “Republic of Cameroon” in bold green letters
- The number of the resident card
- The nationality
- The date of issue
- The expiry date
- The signature and surname of the signing authority
- The computer identification code
- The flag of Cameroon on the upper right-hand side
- The kapsiki peak
- The indication “Residence Card” in black capital letters at the top of the card.