In accordance with Regulation No. COBAC R-2016/02 relative to the changes in the status of credit institutions, The application for prior authorization for the acquisition or sale of shareholdings which results in a change in the power of control of the applicant credit institution must also include information enabling the Banking Commission to assess the quality and good repute of the future acquirers, to assess their financial soundness and ensure that they are not affected by any of the prohibitions or incompatibilities provided for by the regulations in force. To be presented:
FOR AN INDIVIDUAL PURCHASER
- A curriculum vitae written in French, duly dated and signed,
- A certified copy of a valid official identity document (national identity card or passport),
- A police record less than three months old, issued by the competent authorities in the applicant’s country of nationality and country of residence,
- A notarized statement of marital status. The consular authority must certify this attestation if the potential buyer is of a nationality other than that of the country in which the establishment is located,
- A copy of the subscription form for the shares in the credit institution or the deed of transfer,
- A declaration of shareholdings in other credit institutions with registered offices inside or outside the CEMAC region etc.